This department is specialized in ante natal care of expectant mothers, gynaecological problems, problems associated with menarche and menopause, infertility, loop insertion and removal, etc.
In the outpatient department the following services are offered:
· Pre –pregnancy counselling
· Regular antenatal care
· Care of high risk pregnancies
· Well Woman Clinic for all age groups, including:
· Breast exam
· Pelvic exam
· Screening for genital infections
· PAP Smear
· Ultrasound for pelvis
· Ultrasound for breasts
· DEXA (Bone Densitometry)
· Family planning
· Contraceptive advice
· Treatment of common gynaecological infections
· Evaluation of menstrual irregularities by hormonal assessment Ultrasound and diagnostic
· Evaluation of infertile couples by
· Semen analysis
· Hormonal Assay
· Diagnostic laparoscopy and chromopertubation
· Induction of ovulation
· Treatment of peri and postmenopausal conditions i.e. Hormone Replacement Therapy, prevention
· IUCD insertion and removal
· Minor surgical procedures under local anesthesia like I & D abscess, cauterization of cervical
erosion, genital warts, etc.
An experienced team of doctors handle normal and operative deliveries; perform surgeries like hysterectomy, ovarian cystectomy, surgery for ectopic pregnancy, tubal ligation, D & C, cervical biopsy, Long Loop Excision of Transformation Zone (LLETZ), excision of vulval or vaginal cysts, colpoperineorrhaphy, etc.
MATERNITY AND CHILD CARE FACILITY
This facility offers excellent care to both mother and baby in a caring and relaxed environment during pregnancy and childbirth.
There are two labour rooms, two pre-natal rooms for observation, and a state-of-the- art dedicated operation theatre for emergency caesarean section.
The Labour rooms are fitted with the latest delivery tables, supported by an underwater "BATH" delivery System for relaxation during the first stage of labour.
The exclusive Neonatology ICU equipped with high-end ventilators maintains a nurse child ratio of 1:1.
This facility also has a 10-bed state-of-the- art nursery for healthy babies, with provision for mothers to visit and feed babies. In line with traditional norms, fathers are allowed to view through the glass windows.